Old 14-06-2012, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Looking for Iresine

On 14/06/2012 15:17, AnthonyC wrote:
Hi I am writing from Malta. I've been looking for iresine for two years
no to no avail. This plant is not available here although the local
weather suits it well. If there is anyone who could help with a few
cuttings (rooted/unrooted)I would be deeply grateful. I am looking for
I. herbstii and also I. herbstii aureo-reticulata. Could swap with
zantedeschia aetiopica seeds ot blue agapanthus seedlings if you prefer.
Thanks.

I have seen it for sale several times over the years on my visits to
Malta at various market stalls, and If I remember rightly Sherries
garden centyre have had it for sale as well.
Why not try a letter to the Malta times You might be supprised at the
result