Old 15-06-2012, 12:12 PM
blossom hill blossom hill is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Kiewicz[_2_] View Post
blossom hill said:

i am new to this forum and to gardening my father really enjoys it but
has found a plant in my cousins garden that he doesnt know what the
name is... I was wondering if any one could help in naming this plant...
thank you

|Filename: IMAG0849.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php

attachmentid=15071|

Does look like Leafy Spurge. It is certainly some sort of Euphorbia.

It is a somewhat attractive plant. However North America, it is a weed;
an aggressive, invasive alien. And it doesn't play well with other plants.
It is suspected of allelopathy. (That means it releases chemicals that are
toxic to other plants).

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."

email valid but not regularly monitored
thank you for your help i have found this on wikipedia and its full name is Euphorbia lathyris by wikipedia's records it is not a weed but a plant... thank you again you all have been very helpful