Old 22-04-2003, 03:56 PM
Theo Asir

Default Weeks Own Roots are Here!!!

Yup! They were in those fibre pots.

I didn't get DD 'cos it was grafted.
Too lazy to baby it through winter.

I wonder when JP's own roots will start
showing up. I'm glad to see this trend.

I hope plant breeders will include this
as one of the req. property while breeding
new roses.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

That was my impression as well, tho I've heard some claim it's about
the same number as usual. Not the usual I remember! I bought Weeks'
Jeanne LaJoie, Flower Girl, and Long Tall Sally ownroot. The OR's you
saw were potted, right?

I am also pleased with the budded Distant Drums and Outta the Blue.
I've hear DD needs to be budded to do anything. So far, it has done
fine, producing those weird rotted colored blooms with fabulous
fragrance. I cut them and wonder where the heck I'm going to work this
one into the landscape.