Old 19-06-2012, 08:34 AM
allen73 allen73 is offline
Registered User

Location: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hill View Post
For the last couple of years when we have bought Strawberries from the
supermarkets we sniff them first to try for flavour, then comes the
taste test at home, well last week we bought a pack of Buddy (Strawberry
(Everbearer) Buddy) from Sainsburys, got round to them today, they were
all still good, and then the taste, first class, and over half an hour
later I've still got the lingering taste, no need for sugar.
" This exciting new variety of strawberry will provide a continuous
supply of large, deep red berries from June through to October. Bred
from a breeding programme at East Malling to develop varieties suitable
to our ever changing climate, strawberry Buddy will continue to produce
sweet tasting fruits, even in very hot weather".
Watch out for them and see what you think.
What is your favourite variety of Strawberry?
David @ the damp end of Swansea Bay

I'm led to believe the Marshmello is one of the best tasting strawberry by virtue of being one of the sweetest. Regardless of what variety, I heard that the alpine varieties are always much tastier (sweeter) than standard non-alpine strawberry. I think that strawberry flavour would be a personal preference thing veg. Some people will prefer a juicy fruit, some a sweet fruit so I think you will have to taste all the different varieties and choose for yourself.
Fruit Trees