Old 19-06-2012, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Euphorbia mellifera

In article ,
says...

I am very keen to grow Euphorbia mellifera. You rarely see it offered by
garden centres?

Possibly because of the skin hazard around less experienced
gardeners/staff

Is it difficult to grow?Any tips on it's cultivation
and where to obtain seeds would be great!

It's not difficult to grow if you live in a mild area or have a
sheltered sunny spot. Our winters are mild and wet and it thrives here
(west coast Scotland). A very handsome architectural plant all year round
and fragrant in flower.

For a herbaceous plant it gets BIG, reaching at least 6ft in all
directions, and I very much recommend you don't plant it close to a path
in reach of people/dogs brushing past, because contact can cause skin
irritation and broken stems literally pour irritant white sap.

Binny's have it in pots

http://binnyplants.com/Catalogue_Pla...sp?PlantID=652

Janet