Old 20-06-2012, 12:01 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default I need a gardener!

mark_gb wrote:
'David Hare-Scott[_2_ Wrote:
;962204']
It could also be that they are nowhere near you and are not wasting
your

time with local information that is irrelevant.

Thanks D, let me clarify.

I'm not looking for advice specific to Liverpool, although maybe
anyone trying to help might wonder wherabouts I am. I'm a total
novice looking for some general principles on how where to look and
how to pick someone if I have some options.

I'm not the only one - if you do a google search for "i need a gar"
the top search is "I need a gardener". Does anybody rate any of the
sites you get on this search, by the way?

Mark

The general principles are the same for engaging any worker who is going to
work at your place. How do engage a plumber or a housekeeper? How do you
tell if a plumber is any good if you are not skilled in that work yourself?
There is nothing special about gardeners in that respect, use the same
approach.

When you asked for an hourly rate your *were* asking for specific
information about Liverpool. How will the going rate at Dungog in AU$ help?

David