Old 20-06-2012, 05:09 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default How to kill a pyracantha!

liampenn wrote:
I have had an apple tree that has been growing nicely from seed on the
border of my garden. Its 10 years old and is only a meter high. It
hasnt been looked after very well but I am in the process of
regenerating it to its full potential. However my rude neighbour has
planted a ruddy pyracantha right next to it!

Has anyone got any idea how to kill this thing off. Im very worried
about my apple tree. I want to be able to kill this pyracantha without
my neighbor noticing . Me and my neighbor do not get on so simply
asking him to move it is out of the question.

Any ideas please!
Thanks,
Liam

"I live next to this rude bloke called Liam who is plotting to kill my
beautiful new pyracantha. Please help me protect myself and my property
from the unreasonable demands that he makes, he imagines that everybody in
the block should plant trees and shrubs only if it suits him. I fear he
will spray poison on my shrub over the fence at night and then deny all
knowledge. I want to protect my privacy and property. He will get the
message if I fire-bomb his silly stunted apple tree that is shading out my
wonderful pyracantha. I have been googling for 'napalm' but nobody seems to
sell it round here, what should I use? Also where can you buy Strontium-90
or can I make it myself? We don't get on so trying to talk sense to him
won't work. "

Liam's Neighbour