Old 19-06-2012, 11:49 PM
Registered User

Location: Weston-super-Mare, England
Default How to kill a pyracantha!

I have had an apple tree that has been growing nicely from seed on the border of my garden. Its 10 years old and is only a meter high. It hasnt been looked after very well but I am in the process of regenerating it to its full potential. However my rude neighbour has planted a ruddy pyracantha right next to it!

Has anyone got any idea how to kill this thing off. Im very worried about my apple tree. I want to be able to kill this pyracantha without my neighbor noticing . Me and my neighbor do not get on so simply asking him to move it is out of the question.

Any ideas please!
Thanks,
Liam
Old 20-06-2012, 05:09 AM posted to rec.gardens

liampenn wrote:
I have had an apple tree that has been growing nicely from seed on the
border of my garden. Its 10 years old and is only a meter high. It
hasnt been looked after very well but I am in the process of
regenerating it to its full potential. However my rude neighbour has
planted a ruddy pyracantha right next to it!

Has anyone got any idea how to kill this thing off. Im very worried
about my apple tree. I want to be able to kill this pyracantha without
my neighbor noticing . Me and my neighbor do not get on so simply
asking him to move it is out of the question.

Any ideas please!
Thanks,
Liam

"I live next to this rude bloke called Liam who is plotting to kill my
beautiful new pyracantha. Please help me protect myself and my property
from the unreasonable demands that he makes, he imagines that everybody in
the block should plant trees and shrubs only if it suits him. I fear he
will spray poison on my shrub over the fence at night and then deny all
knowledge. I want to protect my privacy and property. He will get the
message if I fire-bomb his silly stunted apple tree that is shading out my
wonderful pyracantha. I have been googling for 'napalm' but nobody seems to
sell it round here, what should I use? Also where can you buy Strontium-90
or can I make it myself? We don't get on so trying to talk sense to him
won't work. "

Liam's Neighbour

Old 20-06-2012, 06:54 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 14:09:32 +1000, "David Hare-Scott"
wrote:

liampenn wrote:
regenerating it to its full potential. However my rude neighbour has
planted a ruddy pyracantha right next to it!

"I live next to this rude bloke called Liam who is plotting to kill my

hehe. +1

I've got to wonder - WTF is your neighbour doing planting things IN
YOUR YARD? If it's not in your yard, then it most certainly isn't
YOUR pyrocantha to kill, and perhaps you should question the logic of
having planted a fruit tree inches from the property line.

Ideally, the tree is on your NORTH property line, and then you can
simply construct a solid panel fence between the tree and the
pyrocantha.

BTW - an apple tree from SEED is pretty much a wildcard. Doesn't
matter how tasty the original apple was, the seed won't bear true.
You might consider getting yourself some scions and grafting - then at
least you'd have some known fruit varieties.

Old 20-06-2012, 12:07 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

liampenn wrote:
[...]

Ten year old tree only a meter high? Sounds like it is shaded out. Not
worth trying to revive.

Old 20-06-2012, 12:19 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 22:49:12 +0000, liampenn
wrote:

I have had an apple tree that has been growing nicely from seed on the
border of my garden. Its 10 years old and is only a meter high. It hasnt
been looked after very well but I am in the process of regenerating it
to its full potential. However my rude neighbour has planted a ruddy
pyracantha right next to it!

Has anyone got any idea how to kill this thing off. Im very worried
about my apple tree. I want to be able to kill this pyracantha without
my neighbor noticing . Me and my neighbor do not get on so simply asking
him to move it is out of the question.

Any ideas please!
Thanks,
Liam

YO, SHIT FOR BRAINS... MOVE YER PUNY TREE... SHOVE IT UP YER TROLLING
ARSE. Even in partial shade before ten years an apple tree should be
producing apples.

Old 20-06-2012, 09:43 PM posted to rec.gardens

"David Hare-Scott" writes:
liampenn wrote:
[...]

Hey, we know that guy!

The guy can't get along with anyone.
Might as well fire-bomb the house.
You'll be the most popular home owner on the block.

--
Dan Espen
Old 21-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Registered User

Take a big steaming dump on it
Old 21-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Registered User

Location: Weston-super-Mare, England
Wink

You where all mistaken, It is a family afair. It is my senile mother in-law whom Im calling my neighbour. I should have stated that!
It wouldn't have even dared to be attacking someone else's bush!
Hahhh

I found your responses rather comical!

Thanks for the replies!
Liam
Old 21-06-2012, 11:35 PM posted to rec.gardens

liampenn writes:

You where all mistaken, It is a family afair. It is my senile mother
in-law whom Im calling my neighbour. I should have stated that!
It wouldn't have even dared to be attacking someone else's bush!
Hahhh

You want to attack your MIL's bush?

No one here is going to help you with that either!

--
Dan Espen
Old 22-06-2012, 01:31 AM posted to rec.gardens

Dan Espen wrote:
limepenis writes:

You where all mistaken, It is a family afair. It is my senile mother
in-law whom Im calling my neighbour. I should have stated that!
It wouldn't have even dared to be attacking someone else's bush!
Hahhh

You want to attack your MIL's bush?

No one here is going to help you with that either!

I called it right, Lime Penis is a TROLL!

Old 23-06-2012, 12:25 AM
Registered User

Location: Weston-super-Mare, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn1 View Post
Dan Espen wrote:
limepenis writes:

You where all mistaken, It is a family afair. It is my senile mother
in-law whom Im calling my neighbour. I should have stated that!
It wouldn't have even dared to be attacking someone else's bush!
Hahhh

You want to attack your MIL's bush?

No one here is going to help you with that either!

I called it right, Lime Penis is a TROLL!
Alright, ya caught me.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:26 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by liampenn View Post
I have had an apple tree that has been growing nicely from seed on the border of my garden. Its 10 years old and is only a meter high. It hasnt been looked after very well but I am in the process of regenerating it to its full potential. However my rude neighbour has planted a ruddy pyracantha right next to it!

Has anyone got any idea how to kill this thing off. Im very worried about my apple tree. I want to be able to kill this pyracantha without my neighbor noticing . Me and my neighbor do not get on so simply asking him to move it is out of the question.

Any ideas please!
Thanks,
Liam
Liam you might as well give up on your apple tree, sorry but trees grown from seed will revert to crab apple as this is the natural tree, all apple trees are grafts onto crab apple stock. Perhaps this is what you want.