Old 20-06-2012, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default sedum or other wild flowers f=growing in guttering

On 20/06/2012 17:01, wrote:
if you look you will see i made a test post before i sent second message (
was having issues with posting ) i cannot locate my first message on my
reader and assumed the message had disapeared into the ether know as usenet

It is there at least on my NNTP server as

BTW it is madness to encourage sedums to grow in or near your gutters
they will very effectively block them given half a chance.

Mostly you get yellow or white with the odd pink.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedum

The common stonecrop manages to get seeds up onto roof level requiring
annual gutter maintenance even when they are growing on the ground. I
presume birds or wind blown seed gets them up there. And every leaf you
miss will regrow into a new plant...

--
Regards,
Martin Brown