Old 20-06-2012, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default sedum or other wild flowers f=growing in guttering

i know it is wrong as the gutters get blocked, but i really like the look of
plants growing in guttering.

i have a idea how to make a false guttering at the front of my real gutter,
but i really need some help in the way of suggestion for plants to grow in
the gutter, ideally haning down.

any ideas?
Old 20-06-2012, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

if you look you will see i made a test post before i sent second message (
was having issues with posting ) i cannot locate my first message on my
reader and assumed the message had disapeared into the ether know as usenet
Old 20-06-2012, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20/06/2012 17:01, wrote:
if you look you will see i made a test post before i sent second message (
was having issues with posting ) i cannot locate my first message on my
reader and assumed the message had disapeared into the ether know as usenet

It is there at least on my NNTP server as

BTW it is madness to encourage sedums to grow in or near your gutters
they will very effectively block them given half a chance.

Mostly you get yellow or white with the odd pink.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedum

The common stonecrop manages to get seeds up onto roof level requiring
annual gutter maintenance even when they are growing on the ground. I
presume birds or wind blown seed gets them up there. And every leaf you
miss will regrow into a new plant...

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Old 20-06-2012, 07:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20-Jun-2012, Martin Brown wrote:

BTW it is madness to encourage sedums to grow in or near your gutters
they will very effectively block them given half a chance.

yes i know, but we all have our little quirks, have a 20 sq metre roof of
sedums that i can watch from my office window at home and i love it. i think
this all stems from my childhood home where my father constantly was up
ladder clearing gutters of what i now know as sedums as they took over.

i plan to have two gutters one at back being the real "one" full of gutter
hedgehogs ( filter brushes to any one who keep koi) and another at front of
this on bracket from fascia this is for sedum(other plant) growth filled
with sandy/compost mix and whats even worse feed of my irrigation systems!!

just starting on a living wall on the back of my house but thats another
project