Old 22-04-2003, 05:08 PM
llama mama

Default Nat'l Wildlife Federation Programs

Nancy wrote in
:

Hi LeeAnne!

Sorry to be so late with this.

I had my backyard certified last year :-) Figured the $ goes to a
good place.

Another reason is to keep the plant police off one's back. I got a
misdemeanor conviction for 'tall grass and weeds'. The next year I
got certified by NWF and the state ... no more questions, let alone
building inspector visits.

hey, would this work to get my dimwit neighbors in trouble for
repeatedly pulling out a beaver dam on my property? short version of
story is they bought swampy land from previous owner, imported fill &
built a house with a basement. previous owner kept beavers from damming
a creek that backfills the swampy area. i don't. i *want* the beavers
there. however, when the swamp fills, idiot neighbor's basement floods
(duh!). so, would wildlife habitat certification give me more legal
standing to save my swamp? lee anyone miss me?
--
The most effective kind of education is that a child should play amongst
lovely things. -Plato, philosopher (427-347 BCE)