Old 24-06-2012, 01:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Too shady greenhouse

On 23/06/2012 09:02, Kate Morgan wrote:
Last night I was looking at my tomatoes, the ones outside are growing
well but the ones in the greenhouse are leggy and not so good. The
answer came to me in a blinding flash, they were not getting enough
light duh ! At the beginning of what we all hoped was to be summer I put
white wash stuffy on most of the glass, like I always do - and forgot to
remove it as the sun did not come, that was why there was not enough
light. I am off outside with a mop and bucket to put the matter right
hopefully not too late :-)

kate

Perhaps someone should invent a special 'sunshine' paint for use in
dismal weather! I'd rush outand buy a few gallons.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London