Old 23-06-2012, 09:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Too shady greenhouse

Last night I was looking at my tomatoes, the ones outside are growing well
but the ones in the greenhouse are leggy and not so good. The answer came to
me in a blinding flash, they were not getting enough light duh ! At the
beginning of what we all hoped was to be summer I put white wash stuffy on
most of the glass, like I always do - and forgot to remove it as the sun did
not come, that was why there was not enough light. I am off outside with a
mop and bucket to put the matter right hopefully not too late :-)

kate

Old 24-06-2012, 01:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23/06/2012 09:02, Kate Morgan wrote:
Last night I was looking at my tomatoes, the ones outside are growing
well but the ones in the greenhouse are leggy and not so good. The
answer came to me in a blinding flash, they were not getting enough
light duh ! At the beginning of what we all hoped was to be summer I put
white wash stuffy on most of the glass, like I always do - and forgot to
remove it as the sun did not come, that was why there was not enough
light. I am off outside with a mop and bucket to put the matter right
hopefully not too late :-)

kate

Perhaps someone should invent a special 'sunshine' paint for use in
dismal weather! I'd rush outand buy a few gallons.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London

Shady greenhouse Justin Thyme United Kingdom 0 14-03-2007 05:49 PM
Help! Brown lawn. Too short, Too long, Too much water or Too lois Lawns 0 27-08-2003 03:24 AM
grass for shady area? cheryl Gardening 5 25-02-2003 08:39 PM
shady yard DJ BLAG Gardening 4 02-02-2003 11:29 AM