Old 29-06-2012, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Tomato blight

"David WE Roberts" wrote

"Ros Butt" wrote
Has anyone been struck by tomato blight?
I am intersted to know if it is around in Sussex.

I'm signed up with Bligh****ch, and in West Sussex PO18 area and today
received a 'Fulls Smiths' for blight in the area

Me too - which just needs me to find out what a Full Smith Period is.

It means the weather conditions are (have been) such that Blight is a
possibility. It needs specific conditions to be able to attack plants.

Time to get the Bordeaux Mixture out yet our outdoor Toms are not even
flowering yet, what a dreadful year this has turned into, I've never known
growing conditions as bad as this with so many types of plants just sulking.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.