Old 22-04-2003, 06:44 PM
Penny S.

Default Help for posting to this group

Earl Buchan wrote:
Hello everyone,

I've made a few posts to this group and have had one member of the
group email me about my possibly spamming this group.

My client, Greenwood Nursery, has been around for 25 years in the
nursery business and has some really great products and articles at
http://www.greenwoodnursery.com

What i'm wondering is if it's appropriate for me to be posting news
and information, as it comes, in this general group. I'd really like
to hear as many opinions as possible; So far one detractor doesn't
deter but if there's a concensus I'll certainl curb the posts.

the general consensus for most (not all, I"m sure I'll get flamed on this)
is that discussion groups are for discussion only. Not solicitation, not for
posting newsletters etc. The best way to do it (IMO) is to post as an
individual, participate based on your experience, and then you can add in a
signature reference to your professional status. Assuming you provide
useful info this will build you more credibility than any product
references, articles or etc.

Penny eS