Old 03-07-2012, 12:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Quantify "sow thinly"

On 7/3/2012 5:30 AM, wrote:
Moonraker wrote:
Depends on how old your seed is and what pests you're having trouble with.
I sowed thinly, in cardboard tubes, and 3 out of about 200 came up. Then
I sowed thickerly (!) and I started getting about 1" coming through which
was about a 5% success rate, and then something came along and munched
through the lot.
Stupid carrots. :-(

I love baby carrots, but sadly have given up on them. Whatever I do,
companion planting, avoiding thinning they get ruined by carrot root
fly. I've tried protecting them with fleece, but then they fail to
prosper, I've no green fingers when it comes to carrots! :-((

Me neither. But I think you need orange fingers.

Or purple ones. I've just bought a bunch of carrots in a range of colours.