Old 04-07-2012, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Tomato blight

"Baz" wrote

SIX allotments? How does he/she get away with THAT? Is there a waiting
list
in your area? Anyhow, no buisiness of mine.

Because he has had six for decades when all around him the plots were
unused, he even used to plough the neighbouring plots to keep the weeds down
(and off his plots) and keep the grass roads cut his side of the site. The
Council say as he has had them for so long they can't do anything about it
now but agree it couldn't happen in the present situation.
The last young lady I showed round a spare plot ( 3 weeks ago) said she had
been on a waiting list for 2 weeks, but then Runnymede BC are just about the
most expensive plots in the country. Hope she lasts, but I do have some
doubts.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.