Old 22-04-2003, 07:08 PM
Gary Rich

Default Permalon Question

BenignVanilla wrote:
"Bonnie Espenshade" wrote in message

BenignVanilla wrote:

Shareholders pond is going to have a bottom drain, a DIY model, with DIY
gaskets. Is Permalon as stretchy as EPDM? The DIY bottom drain/gasket
designs I have in hand, require some stretchiness.

snip

Permalon doesn't stretch at all.

snip

*sigh*...Just as I was getting ready to order some today. I plan on using a
DIY bottom drain, as I described before. In looking at the plans, the liner
needs to stretch a bit to make the seal, so it sounds like Permalon won't
work for me. If I could just remember the URL for the DIY bottom drain, I
could explain better...

BV.

You are looking for this:
http://www.geocities.com/bickal2000/pipeboot.htm

http://www.geocities.com/bickal2000/pond.htm
right? I don't know if permalon is elastic enough for the pipe boot
technique - I'd be interested to know as well.