Old 11-07-2012, 10:29 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Visiting gardens in UK

On 11/07/2012 16:20, Roselee wrote:
Hello, I am from South Africa and have decided that not later than next
year is the time l do what l've been dreaming about. Visiting Chelsea
flower show. But not only the show, l want to visit some open gardens.
Hire a car and visit some small towns and gardens. Its been a dream of
mine for many years and next year that dream must come true but l really
need some advice as l dont want to do the tour group thing. Any advice
will be welcome. Thanks

You can look he
http://www.ngs.org.uk/
But I doubt that next year's schedule is ready.

Also look he
http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/visi...ens-and-parks/

At the time of the Chelsea Show, I would expect rhododendrons and
azaleas to be at their best. Some of the larger gardens (eg Exbury) are
renowned for their displays.

--

Jeff