Old 12-07-2012, 06:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] mjciccarel@gmail.com is offline

Default Gardeners

On Jul 12, 5:47*am, "
wrote:
On Jul 12, 12:03*am, barbie gee wrote:

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012, Gary Woods wrote:
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

It looks to me like the all the usual suspects are still here.

Happens this time every year....they're all out in the garden....

whatcha need?

Nothing really, it has just been so hot here I have been inside too
much. The weeds have taken over and the plants are turning brown and I
just can't take the heat and humidity. Either I am getting old or it
is worse this year

MJ

I got to spend 2 hours in the garden this morning. I was able to trim
back all of the squash plants and low and behold there is a bunch of
new growth, flowers and all, coming. Even the cucumbers have some
green and flowers. Perhaps things are not as grim as I had thought. I
trimed back the tomato plants in the greenhouse too. They have about
reached their life expectancy. I have some new ones started and some
of the plants have restarted themselves. A few weeks and I will cut
them way back and start a new crop.
Thanks for sticking around folks, its good to chat again
MJ