Old 12-07-2012, 08:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steerpike Steerpike is offline

Default On Topic of Gardening

On Jul 12, 9:34*am, Moonraker wrote:
On 11/07/2012 21:52, Steerpike wrote:

On Jul 11, 2:44 pm, "Pete" wrote:
Whilst I have every sympathy for Baz and others who have been affected by
recent weather/floods etc., isn't it about time this newsgroup got back to
what is supposed to be about -i.e. GARDENING!!!

It seems that the majority of threads this month alone have been
non-gardening - and the same was true in June

Come on all you gardeners - let-s have your thoughts/questions on gardening
please please please

Jeanne

Surely the effects of climate change (which will in time make
gardening out of doors pretty much impossible), are perhaps extremely
relevant to this particular group? The weather may well effect members
of this group far more than most, and to me it seems very worrying
that almost all group members seem to have swallowed corp media
propaganda suggesting climate change either doesnt exist or is
irrelevant, even in the face of the worst summer since records began,
and similar situations in many other parts of the world.

On what basis do you blame global warming? The forecasts of its effect
has been totally out in the past, after all they use computer models,
not real life. Also this is by no means the worst summer in living
memory, though bad. It was only 40 years ago that the "scientists" were
predicting a mini ice age because it was exceptionally cold. As regards
it meaning eventually there will be no more gardening that certainly is
not predicted to happen in the lifetime of any posters here, even by the
most gloomy predictors. Why have people who do not agree with you been
biassed by corporate media propaganda any more than you being biassed by
the other side?

Obviously you are better informed than the Met Office, who seem to be
suggesting this is the worst summer during the course of the 100 years
information relating to our weather has been being
recorded.................maybe you should put them right?