Old 22-04-2003, 09:08 PM
Neil Jones

Default Too early for dhlias?

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 19:31:15 +0000 (UTC), "The Devil's Advocate"
wrote:

I noticed that one of mine is shooting through on the allotment so I will
have to look out for frost. Can you put them out in the pots in the day so
that they can get accustomed to the weather and whip them in night times if
frost is likely? Also beware of slugs

No problem putting them out - SWMBO is around the house most days and
I made a cold frame over the winter so they can go in there.

Haven't really sufferred from slugs in the past, but then we've only
lived here for 2 years and up until now have only been doing
maintenance of existing shrubs and mowing the lawn etc rather than any
real gardening, so they'll probably come along to check out any new
stuff we put in.

Thanks for the advice

Neil