Old 15-07-2012, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Potato Blight

wrote in message
Looks like it's arrived in Hillingdon. I guess that determines what I
will be doing tomorrow with my First Earlies (Sharps Express). My
Caras (which I chose because of their Blight resistance so far look
healthy.

Damnit
JonH

I took the tops off the earlies that were affected, just a few only up to
now and left the healthy ones. I took the haulms home and they are in the
woodburner waiting to dry out a bit so they can be incinerated.
I haven't grown potatoes for years and I never had blight so I don't know if
I've made a bad decision by not digging all the earlies up even though many
of them don't seem to be affected - yet. I don't want the blight to spread
to the maincrop.
I am so glad I signed up to Bligh****ch. I got another warning by text
from them yesterday and it makes me travel a mile and a half to check my
potatoes.