Old 22-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Wacko!

Default Purpose of a compost bin

"Ablang" wrote in message
What is the Purpose of a compost bin and why should I care?

Generally speaking, the purpose of a compost bin is to hold the material to
be composted while providing an optimal environment for rapid composting
activity. Hopefully the bin will also make handling the material easier as
well.

You should care if you want to make compost instead of buying it, or at
least reduce the amount of compost you buy.

My local Waste Management Department is giving away a free compost bin if

attend a seminar on composting.

That might be fun. There's always a chance you may pick up something new.

Is it possible to build a compost bin myself? What has other people made
theirs out of?

Yes, you can build a compost bin yourself. It can be as easy as circle made
of wire fencing, or as elaborate as a drum on a roller stand. There are
endless variations. Your public library probably has a ton of info about
it. Look for books on composting or organic gardening. Also search the
web. You will find countless plans.

cya! wacko!

"Intensity, Integrity, and Intelligence. Oh it's true! It's damn true!"
-- WWE wrestler & Olympic Gold medalist, Kurt Angle