Old 16-07-2012, 05:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default weed killing in rain

On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 15:37:05 +0100, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

Is there ANY weed killer that would work on say, cracks in paving or
along paths in all this wet weather? I mean how often can you spray if
you have to have 4 hours of dry weather afterwards!!

Have tried boiling water and boiling salted water and so on which is
fine but if I don't kill some of the larger stuff soon they'll push my
paving up!

I also have now got Ground elder, which i manage to keep on top of in
the dryer weather most years, coming across the flower beds and marching
off into the grass and beyond!

Which means I can't put my grass cuttings in the compost.

You could lay some plastic sheet over whatever you've sprayed and
weight it down with some bricks or stones until the spray has
dried/been absorbed properly. For individual plants, cut the bottoms
of some 2 litre pop bottles.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.