Old 17-07-2012, 07:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harryagain harryagain is offline

Default weed killing in rain

"Granity" wrote in message

'Janet Tweedy[_2_ Wrote:
;964601']Is there ANY weed killer that would work on say, cracks in
paving or
along paths in all this wet weather? I mean how often can you spray if
you have to have 4 hours of dry weather afterwards!!

Have tried boiling water and boiling salted water and so on which is
fine but if I don't kill some of the larger stuff soon they'll push my
paving up!

I also have now got Ground elder, which i manage to keep on top of in
the dryer weather most years, coming across the flower beds and marching

off into the grass and beyond!

Which means I can't put my grass cuttings in the compost.
--
Janet Tweedy

Sodium Chlorate, preferably in granular form if you can still get it,
sprinkled lightly in the cracks would probably work ok.

Or go and nick some salt from the highways dept bins at the road side.