Old 22-07-2012, 01:25 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Winter in a warm climate

David E. Ross wrote:
On 7/21/12 4:13 AM, David Hare-Scott wrote:
Winter here is not very cold by Nth American and European standards.
The frosty shots in this collection are about as cold as it gets,
that is
about -4C air temperature, probably -7C on the ground.

http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/...Winter%202012/

The citrus are still on the trees which are doing fine, they are
only frost tender under these conditions when young.

For those who have read me going on about medlar jelly here is why I
say the colour is pretty.

David

-4C is +24F, which is colder than anything I have seen in more than
five years.

Where are you?

North of Newcastle Australia, in a little frost pocket. Summer max temps
are usually around 32C but can hit 44 and winter min usually about 6 but can
hit -4. With the El Nino - La Nina swings giving no rain for months or
300mm in a week it's a challenge.