Old 22-07-2012, 06:08 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Winter in a warm climate

On 7/21/12 5:44 PM, David Hare-Scott wrote [in part]:
John McGaw wrote [also in part]:
South-Eastern Australia would be my guess given the onset of cold(ish)
weather a photo of an Eastern Rosella and the posting time offset on
the anonymous free German(?) news server. Of course the bird might
have been in a zoo or been a vacation snap and the time offset could
be faked but I'm guessing not.

There are only a handful of shots in all the albums that were not taken on
my property. The birds in the winter album are locals, as is the eagle in
another. Albasani is Italian and free and I recommend it for those who want
to use a newsreader.

I regret to inform you that Alexander Bartolich -- the owner and
operator of the Albasani newsgroup server -- died suddenly early this
month. No one is sure at this time, how long his servers will continue
to operate. Besides the Albasani server, Bartolich's servers handled
moderation for several newsgroups and some Web sites.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see