Old 23-07-2012, 08:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_12_] Billy[_12_] is offline

Default Is this plum like fruit edible or poisonous?

In article ,
Cathyd wrote:

Hi, I found some trees loaded with fruit but am not sure if they are
edible. They look like small plums and I tasted one and it tasted like
a plum but I don't want to end up in casualty so thought I had better
check it out.
I hope someone can help - thanks :-)

|Filename: 2.JPG |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15180|

Is there no nursery near you to which you could inquire? In France the
pharmacy (pharmacie) can identify poisonous plants. Might it be the same
in the U.K.?

My brief search on poisonous plums indicated that the pits (stones), and
leaves may be poisonous, but not the fruit.

--
Welcome to the New America.
or