Old 24-07-2012, 04:01 AM posted to rec.gardens
Todd[_2_] Todd[_2_] is offline

Default under/over water question

Hi All,

In my little garden I have Zukes (4) and Lemon Cucumbers (3).
Last night we had three thunder showers roll through. From
the noise I feared hail. Looking through the windows, my
plants were nearly underwater. I feared for them. (Bad
enough I eat their children.)

When I was able to assess the damage in the morning, I
was shocked that not only was there no damage, but the
stinkers had actually grown about 20% over yesterday!

Am I under watering? Or is this just a good one time
thing and adding more water risks root rot?

Many thanks,
-T