Old 30-07-2012, 12:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default What's eating my leaves?!

MattW30 said:

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum having previosuly used my granddad for advice on
all things 'green fingered' unfortunaly he's no longer with us so I'm
finding I am somewhat stuck for advice these days.

Hoping someone can help me identify what is eating my hedge as I have
no idea, can't even seem to find the bug 'in the act'.

If anyone could kindly identify what it is then I'll zap the hedge
accordingly.

|Filename: Leaves.JPG |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php
attachmentid=15196|

Have you tried going out in the middle of the night with a light?
It could be a type of beetle that feeds at night and hides in the
soil during the day. We have been suffering an outbreak of a
fairly new invasive pest, the Asiatic garden beetle, which has
chewed up some of my plants similar to that.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."

email valid but not regularly monitored