Old 30-07-2012, 12:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
George[_10_] George[_10_] is offline

Default purslane, revisited

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 22:43:17 -0700, Billy
wrote:

In article ,
George wrote:

For those who encourage (or tolerate) purslane, what do you do at the
end of the season? Specifically, turn it under, or pull it? (Or
anything else, for that matter.)

My understanding is that it propagates from cuttings, which makes
turning it under a little concerning. But, it's rather dense, which
makes me wonder if I'd be depleting the soil to just yank it out.

Thanks,

Why not eat it in your salads? ...

We do eat it, every day. But, there's still a lot that needs to be
dealt with.