Old 23-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] stupid mistake

I just transplanted my Serissa Foetida into a new pot and new
soil. Here is
where I made the mistake. I was once recomended soil from
www.bonsaiofbrooklyn.com. I somehow, with my incredible ADD

powers, I
bought soil from www.bonsaiboy.com (Bonsai Boy of New York). I

don't know
anything about this soil. I haven't been able to find anything

about their
soil in the archives either.

Has anyone used their (Bonsai Boy of New York) tropical soil?

Does anyone
know if my Foetida is safe in it for a year? Or should I buy

the soil from
bonsai of brooklyn and transplant again?

I've never seen either of these soils, but I wouldn't lose sleep
over it. Despite all the discussion of various bonsai soil
recipes, bonsai soil is bonsai soil. Both of these companies
have been in biz for a while, and while I've heard complaints
about one of them, none of the complaints dealt with the dirt
they sold.

Serissa is a temperamental plant, but it IS tough. It'll do fine
in whatever it's planted in for a year or so. By then, you will
(I hope) be doing as the rest of us do and mixing your own soil
rather than paying good money to someone else for -- dirt.

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++