Old 03-08-2012, 02:25 AM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default Papyrus

I have long been in love with the looks of this plant. Am thinking
about either buying a few or growing them from seed. But I hesitate
because all the research I have done emphasizes boggy ground or other
references to watery environment.

Would there be any way to grow papyrus in a So. Calif coastal garden
which doesn't get much rain even in "winter".

IOW, would I have to create a special water environment for the
plants? Would it take too much hassle/water/worry?

I think several regulars live in more or less similar climates.
Would value your opinions.

HB