Old 03-08-2012, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default If you think it's too cool and wet in the UK...

On 08/03/2012 11:53 AM, Jeff Layman wrote:
...maybe you'd like to think about what it's been like in Kuwait this
week. On Tuesday the temperature hit 51°C - 124°F!

Just spent 2 wks in the states visiting family. It was murderously hot,
the worst in Washington DC, high 30s but felt like 40s in the sun (and
maybe was), all with 95% humidity. One step and I was completely
drenched. We went to the zoo with my 89 year old dad, it was hard
going. I think he did better than I!

It was a total and blessed relief to get back to the cool of Normandy...
although it looks like it has hardly rained, and the garden is a bit of
a mess. Raining now, thank goodness.

-E