Old 05-08-2012, 09:06 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_12_] Billy[_12_] is offline

Default Liquifying food scraps for fertilizer

In article , Dee
wrote:

Due to various reasons I am unable to keep a compost pile. Each week I
throw out a small plastic bag of vegetable peelings and scraps. I had
the idea of pureeing them, either in a blender or a food processor or
both, maybe diluting it with water, then using the result as fertilizer
in my garden. Just wondering if anyone has tried this?

Dee

It will work, but may attract unwanted insects, or animals.

During periods when the beds aren't in use, you can also bury kitchen
scraps in 8" - 10" deep trenches. Dig them first, and then fill them in
as you use them.

--
Welcome to the New America.
or