Old 05-08-2012, 10:49 PM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default ID this plant?

On Aug 4, 8:11*am, PhoenixWench wrote:
On 7/30/2012 11:16 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

On Jul 30, 8:10 pm, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Jul 30, 8:01 pm, Higgs Boson wrote:

A while back I posted a photo but people were not sure what it was.

Now it has bloomed... from a point on the EDGE of a leaf! *A sort of
droopy pink blooms that flops down.

Hope this pic makes it. *I took 2 but can't find the other.

http://s1260.photobucket.com/albums/...h/?action=view...

TIA

HB

This is the other one -- I think. * Very confused.

http://s1260.photobucket.com/albums/...h/?action=view...

Yes, that's right. Excuse mess; I haven't uploaded for a long time;
lost track of how-to.

HB

I got interested in this plant and did a little scouting, and found this
sitehttp://cactiguide.com/cactus/?genus=Epiphyllum
which might help you narrow down which variety it is next time it blooms ;-)

--

PhoenixWench

Thanks very much for your research. I do need to find out how often this sly critter blooms, because the current bloom took me totally by surprise.

HB

[...]