Old 05-08-2012, 11:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Liquifying food scraps for fertilizer

Dee wrote:
Due to various reasons I am unable to keep a compost pile. Each week
I throw out a small plastic bag of vegetable peelings and scraps. I
had the idea of pureeing them, either in a blender or a food
processor or both, maybe diluting it with water, then using the
result as fertilizer in my garden. Just wondering if anyone has
tried this?

Dee

It would be simpler to just roughly chop them roughly by hand while you have
the knife in your hand and then bury them weekly. You can put them in
unused ground or in between shrubs, trees etc, even alongside annuals if you
don't damage the roots. They will decompose and enrich the soil, no smell
and less chance to attract vermin.