Old 06-08-2012, 11:31 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris[_3_] View Post
Some councils have issued new wheelie bins for garden waste and issued a
notice saying that the normal bin will not be emptied if it contains
garden waste.
For as long as I can remember (well before the advent of any sort of wheelie bin) councils have said "no garden waste".

OT: at our local tip, I challenged a man who was about to empty a whole lot of broken plastic plant pots and polystyrene trays into the "garden waste" skip. "Well, it's garden stuff".

He came back later and said "You were right - I asked the guy - thanks for telling me".