Old 06-08-2012, 02:06 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dee Dee is offline

Default Liquifying food scraps for fertilizer

"Farm1" wrote in
:

"Dee" wrote in message
Due to various reasons I am unable to keep a compost pile. Each
week I throw out a small plastic bag of vegetable peelings and
scraps. I had the idea of pureeing them, either in a blender or
a food processor or both, maybe diluting it with water, then
using the result as fertilizer in my garden. Just wondering if
anyone has tried this?

I've done that but only to put the slurry in my worm farm.

Forgot to mention that I would be spreading it on my perennial/shrub
beds.

The scraps generally consist of cucumber peelings, tomato cores, wilted
lettuce leaves and bean sprouts, onion ends, and the like.

I have a blender, so I may give it a whirl pun intended if for no
other reason than to quench my curiosity :-)

Dee