Old 06-08-2012, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Garden waste wheelie bin collection - some concerns

"Chris" wrote

Some councils have issued new wheelie bins for garden waste and issued a
notice saying that the normal bin will not be emptied if it contains garden
waste.

Now what will people do if they want to dispose of nasty garden waste such
as lawn mowings contaminated with weedkiller or diseased vegetation?

If they put nasty stuff in the garden waste bin - and then that waste is
made into compost for sale in garden centres - will there not be a problem?

And is it possible, when buying garden centre compost, to ensure that one
doesn't get a compost containing council rubbish?

I recently took the Blighted hulms of my potatoes down the tip and the chap
there said "not in garden waste please, put it in the general rubbish".
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.