Old 07-08-2012, 05:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Garden waste wheelie bin collection - some concerns

"Chris" ] wrote in message
]...
Some councils have issued new wheelie bins for garden waste and issued a
notice saying that the normal bin will not be emptied if it contains
garden waste.

We've never been allowed to put garden waste in our bins. If they see it
in there, they won't empty it.
We can get a brown bin for garden waste, costs £16 /year and gets emptied
fortnightly.
Never bothered as I have a compost heap.
Tina

Now what will people do if they want to dispose of nasty garden waste such
as lawn mowings contaminated with weedkiller or diseased vegetation?

If they put nasty stuff in the garden waste bin - and then that waste is
made into compost for sale in garden centres - will there not be a
problem?

And is it possible, when buying garden centre compost, to ensure that one
doesn't get a compost containing council rubbish?
--
Chris