Old 23-04-2003, 02:44 AM
Dmitry Akselrod

Default [IBC] stupid mistake

Thank you Carl! Yeah, I have read many posts regarding Serissa's temper
here. I suppose many people have grown to hate it. While it doesn't have
the glamour of a five needle pine, it works for me.

It hasn't given me too much trouble (*knocking on wood*), except for some
occasional yellow leafs. But I think that some acid application can remedy
that. I will wait a month or so to let the roots settle in however.

Thanx again,

Dmitry

"Carl L Rosner" wrote in message
Dmitry:
I am sure that asking this question to this forum will bring out the I
Hate Serissa members, who will tell you that you should transplant it
again and again and again (until it is dead)! ;-) Seriously, I
wouldn't repot it again, just leave it alone. Serissa are tough, even
though they have a bad reputation. Treat the tree as you would any other
newly repotted tree. Just be watchful and do not over water.

Carl L. Rosner - near Atlantic City zone 6/7
http://bmee.net/rosner

http://www.jamesbaird.com/cgi-bin/Ja...page&artistid=
0000006848

Dmitry Akselrod wrote:

Hello everyone,

I just transplanted my Serissa Foetida into a new pot and new soil. Here

is
where I made the mistake. I was once recomended soil from
www.bonsaiofbrooklyn.com. I somehow, with my incredible ADD powers, I
bought soil from www.bonsaiboy.com (Bonsai Boy of New York). I don't

know
anything about this soil. I haven't been able to find anything about

their
soil in the archives either.

Has anyone used their (Bonsai Boy of New York) tropical soil? Does

anyone
know if my Foetida is safe in it for a year? Or should I buy the soil

from
bonsai of brooklyn and transplant again? The tree is in its pot for the
second day. So far I have not seen any signs of trouble, but it is too
early to tell. My concern is that the soil does not seem to be as
well-draining, as promised. It does drain much better than regular

potting
soil, but that's not saying much.

Thanx for your advice in advance,

Dmitry