Old 23-04-2003, 02:44 AM
Dmitry Akselrod

Default [IBC] stupid mistake

"Jim Lewis" wrote in message
news:001b01c30920$0b378fe0$26102cc7@pavilion...

I've never seen either of these soils, but I wouldn't lose sleep
over it. Despite all the discussion of various bonsai soil
recipes, bonsai soil is bonsai soil. Both of these companies
have been in biz for a while, and while I've heard complaints
about one of them, none of the complaints dealt with the dirt
they sold.

Thank you for calming my worries Carl. I have done this a few times now,
but it doesn't seem to be any less scary, repotting a tree that is.

Serissa is a temperamental plant, but it IS tough. It'll do fine
in whatever it's planted in for a year or so. By then, you will
(I hope) be doing as the rest of us do and mixing your own soil
rather than paying good money to someone else for -- dirt.

I would love to mix my own soil, but I think that my wife would have my head
for that. She isn't very happy with dirt all over the carpet Plus I
live in an apartment in the heart of Philly where it's hard to find good
soil without a car. I am due for a trip to the Rosade Nursery however,
perhaps I can pick up a few bags of each component, earning a few days on
the couch in the process.

Thanx again,

Dmitry

David Thoreau - Walden