Old 23-04-2003, 02:44 AM
Colin Horn

Default [IBC] collecting trees

Hi everyone,
I understand when I brought up this topic, I gave the impression that I do
not care about the environment. I am sorry for that misunderstanding. I feel
the exact opposite way. The main reason I enjoy bonsai so much, is because
it gives me a chance to understand nature more clearly. I agree with
everybody, in that we must be extra carfull and responsible while collecting
trees from nature. I feel that our natural environments need to be
protected, and its' wellbeing should be a priority over collecting a couple
trees.I would never jeopardize nature for my benefit. If I am lucky enough
to get permission to collect, I will be extra careful while exploring
possible bonsai. If I am succesfull, and I see good material, I will only
take 1 - 2 trees. I would rather have the trees live in their natural home,
than to put them at risk of dying. Thanks for reminding me about the
importance of responsible collectiong. - Colin Horn Orinda, CA

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++