Old 13-08-2012, 07:23 PM
David Fogg David Fogg is offline
Registered User

[quote=Frank;966580]On 8/12/2012 2:11 PM, SteveC wrote:
My first post. Used to have a really nice green lawn but started to get
a bit patch:

[image: http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1.../photo-64.jpg]

Any ideas what's wrong? It tarted off one patch but it's starting to
spread. I water and feed the lawn on a regular basis

Turf insects like sod webworms can do this.[/QU
Hi. Might i suggest that you could find the answer on Pg 50 of the book 'The New Lawn Expert' by Dr D J Hessayon. Published by Expert Books. Its about a fiver on Amazon. Well worth buying. It LOOKS from the pictures in the book like 'Red Thread' The treatment being a systemic fungicide such as carbendazim plus other general measures but dont take my word for it!! Might also be useful to put 'Red Thread' into Google and see what comes up. I had this on my lawn and the recommended treatment sorted it. Good luck