Old 13-08-2012, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default Olive tree leaves some are yellowing

"john stone" wrote in message
Have a six foot olive tree in a pot in a south facing garden in London.

Suddenly quite a few leaves have turned yellow and are withering.

We have tried to be careful not to overwater it. Is there any specific
watering regime that is recommended? Thanks.

They do shed leaves from time to time.
They are evergreen (keep the leaves over winter) so do discard leaves at
other times.
Our olive has dropped some recently but seems in fine fettle.
Also, make sure you are not under watering.
The weather has turned unusually warm and dry.

I tend to let some small weeds grow in the pot.
They are good indicators of when the olive needs feeding and watering.
If they go all yellow or shrivel up then probably there isn't enough food
and water.

Cheers

Dave R
[Not even bunny]