Old 14-08-2012, 02:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
john woods john woods is offline

Default Olive tree leaves some are yellowing

On 2012-08-13 10:47:03 +0100, "john stone"
said:

Have a six foot olive tree in a pot in a south facing garden in London.

Suddenly quite a few leaves have turned yellow and are withering.

We have tried to be careful not to overwater it. Is there any specific
watering regime that is recommended? Thanks.

When you do water it, is it raised a little so that the water can get out
of the pot? Watering only when truly dry is desirable. If you think of
their natural growing conditions, they're often on very stony, sloping
ground that's sharply drained.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Many thanks i will raise the pot. I'm still wondering though what regime i
should adopt for watering in the dry weather. And also if our wet winters
are too wet, and i should therefor shield the pot from the rain?