Old 19-08-2012, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Raspberries

Roger Tonkin wrote:
How have your respberries been this year?

Best year ever, so far. They are huge and firm, rather than tiny and
squishy that they were last few years. But this may have more to do
with the extreme weeding I gave them earlier this year (which still
hasn't remove all of the bindweed!! But at least thye're not competing
as much). These are all autumn-fruiting canes, btw.

As both types are around 17 years old, perhaps it is time to dig them
all out and start again!

Don't know how old ours are, as they were there when we inherited the
plot, but I suspect they're not youthful. But they're not reluctant to
send out brand new canes over in new and interesting places, such as
in the strawberry hole in the weed blanket that has gone over the new
strawberry plot! If they had their way they would take over.