Old 20-08-2012, 12:18 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default sweetcorn help

jason2234 wrote:
My sweetcorn are going great this year despite the weather. However
I've got a small problem

On all the hobs (or is it cobs?) The stingy bits have been eaten by
something. By the millions of slugs I seems to have on my allotment
this year I'm assuming it's them. Hopefully they've already been
pollinated. So far I have peeled back the skin to let more of the
stringy bits out.

Any more advice? Has this happened to anyone else?

It could be birds or rodents too.